If you are not creating wordpress sales funnel, you are obviously making the most significant blunders because you are losing potential paying customers.
You must build wordpress sales funnel to convert your traffic into paying customers of your services or products. The product may be of your own or an affiliate product.
But doing this in wordpress is not everyone’s cup of coffee especially if you are a newbie.
In this article, we’ve shown you how to make a WordPress sales funnel in four steps:
- Install plugins like WooCommerce and CartFlows
- Design the landing page
- Create checkout and thank you page
- Send traffic to the landing page to direct the sales funnel
We will discuss the sales funnel, its use, strategy and a simple way to build wordpress sales funnel with the help of plugins and of course your product.
What is a Sales Funnel?
Basically, the sales funnel is the predefined set of steps that someone must take to convert into your paying customer.
Didn’t understand? Let me share an example to understand it in a better way.
Let’s say you are searching for ways to lose weight on google. You end up visiting a site XYZ that discusses in-depth quality informational content on this query.
You found the content useful and scrolled to the half of the page, suddenly a message popped up asking you to sign up for their email and in return that site will send you the free keto diet 30 days plan for free.
You signed up with your email and hurray you got the keto diet plan. Now you are the lead of that campaign. After a few follow-up emails about the keto diet and its benefits, they will send you the link to either their own keto products or affiliate products with discount offers.
You will end up purchasing the keto product and you eventually become their potential paying customer.
From large visitors on top to less but paying customers at the bottom is what the sales funnel is and it is required for every business.
Why are sales funnels so effective?
As discussed earlier, visitors take a set of steps to convert into paying customers means you are aware of the path taken by visitors and how you can effectively fill the gaps so that you can gain more paying customers in the end.
Understanding your sales funnel will make you know about the behaviour of your visitors and what they are thinking at each stage of the funnel. And how can optimize your sales funnel to attract more customers from prospects?
If you are not setting up your sales funnel means you are losing a bunch of paying customers and lots of revenues.
What are the steps within a sales funnel?
If you are interested in setting up your sales funnel, you must be aware of the stages involved within a sales funnel acronym AIDA: Awareness, Interest, Decision and Action.
Though it varies from business to business depending upon your services and products but still these 4 stages are widely applicable to many businesses.
Let’s look at all 4 stages of the sales funnel in more detail.
- Awareness. This is the first stage where consumers know about your business. They might find you on google search, Facebook/Instagram ads or by any means they landed on your website.
- Interest. The consumer now reaches the second stage where he or she is showing interest and researching your product in depth and has a purchasing intention.
- Decision. After research and looking at other viable options, he or she added your product to the cart. Here you made the best offer (discount coupon, free shipping etc) to stand out from others.
- Action. At the bottom of the sales funnel is where the consumer takes action and purchases your product or service.
What do you need to build a sales funnel?
These are some necessary things required to build a WordPress sales funnel:
- A marketing plan with defined goals. The sales funnel comprises the entire customer journey from prospects to paying customers. So the sales funnel starts when marketing funnels end. You must be clear with the proper marketing plan and ultimate goal.
- Marketing content to support the funnel. This is very much crucial as content is the king. It is the thing that educates the customer that builds trust in you and pushes prospects as leads.
- WooCommerce. It is the most famous and widely used plugin that enables the features of eCommerce to your WordPress website. You can showcase your products like a store with the help of this plugin for a better conversion rate.
- A sales funnel plugin. Apart from the WooCommerce plugin, you require a sales funnel plugin like CartFlows. CartFlows basically make the sales funnel process very fast and with a single click, you can build wordpress sales funnel.
- A landing page. You would need a proper landing page where you will direct the visitors. It must be good and well designed so that it can convert your traffic into leads. You can design a landing page using an Elementor page builder or with the help of CartlFows, you can use ready-to-import templates.
- Analytics and tracking tools. And at the last, you need an analytics tool to keep the track of your visitors and customers. CartFlows too shows the proper insights of all the activities and how you can boost conversion by looking at the opportunities.
Hope you have set up your WordPress site on which you will build your sales funnel. If not then you can follow this detailed guide to start a blog with WordPress.
How to build WordPress sales funnel using CartFlows?
We have understood the necessary things that are required to build sales funnel in WordPress. And now we can discuss the steps to be followed to build sales funnel efficiently using CartFlows:
Step 1: Install Plugins required for the Sales funnel
There are a few key plugins that you must install on your WordPress site to move forward with building a sales Funnel.
The first one is to install the WooCommerce plugin. This is a free wordpress plugin that adds the functionality of an eCommerce store.
You can follow the steps provided here to set up WooCommerce on your WordPress website.
Once you will install it, you will be redirected to the setup wizard where you can set up your store setting, and add a payment gateway and shipping address.
After completing the setup process, you can add the product that you would like to add to your sales funnel. You can add many products that you wish to sell in your store.
Now it’s time to install and activate the CartFlows plugin. This is a free as well as a premium plugin. You can also try CartFlows Risk-Free for 30 Days. After activating it will redirect you to the setup wizard where you will do the necessary settings.
CartFlows also provide ready-to-use templates that can be used to build a sales funnel from the landing page to thank you page. It works well with Elementor page builder so you install it on your WordPress site before breeding further.
Step 2: Build a WordPress Sales Funnel
You will drive the traffic to the specific page where visitors will land and consume your content. This is where people show interest and it must be designed well.
To create your landing page, simply go to CartFlows > Flows > Add New. There will be lots of ready-to-use templates that you can use and even modify later on as per your requirements. Select any template and click on the import button.
In this template, we have a landing page, a Checkout page and thank you page. Every sale funnel generally consists of these 3 pages.
You can view all these pages, edit them and even rearrange them as per your content and need.
Step 3: Create your Checkout and Thank You pages
Just proceed with the steps provided in step 2 and modify and put your product on the checkout and thank you page as per your requirement.
When you look at the Flow page of CartFlows, under Checkout pages, you will find that “No product assigned”. Just click on the edit button available beside it and add your products to it.
Similarly, you can design your Thank you page and add the content so that customers after purchasing any product get confirmation about that.
Step 4: Start sending traffic
Before sending traffic to your landing page, make sure that your pages are sequenced in the correct manner i,e Landing Page >> Checkout Page >> Thank You Page.
Using CartFlows you can even test the sales funnel by clicking on the ” Enable Test Mode” feature just to check the flow process.
Now its time to send your traffic from marketing channels to your landing page so that you can convert more and more leads and ultimately paying customers at the later stage. Those who are interested in your product will automtaiccly go through the checkout pages and thank you page.
Final Words on WordPress sales funnel
With the help of sales funnel you can convert from mareely prospects into paying customers. Youc can sell your own product or an affiliate pridct or even you own services.
Thanks to CartFlows for providing an easy and simple process to integrate with WooCommerce and build a sales funnel. Luckily CartFlows running the 30 days money back guarantee , so wat you are looking for?
Go and grab it and lunch your first sales funnel.